July first was the end date of the first Canadian Book Challenge hosted by John over at the Book Mine Set.
Read his final update on the challenge; you might find some reviews you’d like to look at.
You’ll notice that I’m a failure. I didn’t complete it! I was so close reading 11 out of 13 required, much better than the last challenge I tried. My excuse is vacation – I went to the U.S. without any extra books than the last one I finished so had no more Canadian books to read! Ok, fine that was the start of June, but when I got back I never made it to the library either (as evidenced by my overdue fines). So I only made the ‘Snowy Owl’ level, which actually, was my name when I was a Brownie leader.
Here’s my list again if you don’t want to scroll through that final post!
– Whale Song by Cheryl Kaye Tardiff
– Mary Ann Alice by Brian Doyle
– The Greenies by Myra Paperny
– Skybreaker by Kenneth Oppel
– Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery
– The Ruby Kingdom by Patricia Bow
– Late Nights On Air by Elizabeth Hay
– Eye of the Crow by Shane Peacock
– Bloodletting and Other Miraculous Cures by Vincent Lam
– The Shipping News by E. Annie Proulx
– No Great Mischief by Alistair MacLeod
Although this challenge has come to an end, the 2nd Canadian Book challenge has started. Same ‘rules’, same number of books. Hopefully with a year to go I won’t have a problem whatsoever completing the challenge this time!